Switched 3.3v switched dc dc regulator circuit The dc 12 volt voltage is reduced by 3.3 volts. LM2575 operating frequency 52 kHz output 80% power 1 amp.
LM2575 step-down (buck) switching regulator
The LM2575 series regulators are designed to provide a reliable, reliable and efficient operation . These devices are available in 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and an adjustable output version.
The LM2575 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits ideally suited for the easy and convenient design of a step−down switching regulator (buck converter). All circuits of this series are capable of driving a 1.0 A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5.0 V, 12 V, and 15 V, and an adjustable output version. These regulators were designed to minimize the number of external components to simplify the power supply design. Standard series of inductors optimized for use with the LM2575 are offered by several different inductor manufacturers.
Since the LM2575 converter is a switch−mode power supply, its efficiency is significantly higher in comparison with popular three−terminal linear regulators, especially with higher input voltages. In many cases, the power dissipated by the LM2575 regulator is so low, that no heatsink is required or its size could be reduced dramatically. The LM2575 features include a guaranteed ±4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and ±10% on the oscillator frequency (±2% over 0°C to 125°C). External shutdown is included, featuring 80 A typical standby current. The output switch includes cycle−by−cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.
- 3.3 V, 5.0 V, 12 V, 15 V, and Adjustable Output Versions
- Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range of 1.23 V to 37 V ±4% Maximum Over Line and Load Conditions
- Guaranteed 1.0 A Output Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.75 V to 40 V
- Requires Only 4 External Components
- 52 kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
- TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby Mode
- High Efficiency
- Uses Readily Available Standard Inductors
- Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
- Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) Equals 1
- Simple and High−Efficiency Step−Down (Buck) Regulators
- Efficient Pre−Regulator for Linear Regulators
- On−Card Switching Regulators
- Positive to Negative Converters (Buck−Boost)
- Negative Step−Up Converters
- Power Supply for Battery Chargers