This datasheet presents five families of Vishay industry-standard single-channel phototransistor couplers. These
families include the 4N35, 4N36, 4N37, 4N38 couplers. Each optocoupler consists of a gallium arsenide infrared LED and a silicon NPN phototransistor. These couplers are Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed to comply with a 5000 VRMS isolation test voltage. This isolation performance is accomplished through Vishay double molding isolation manufacturing process. Compliance with DIN EN 60747-5-5 partial discharge isolation specification
is available for these families by ordering option 1. These isolation processes and the Vishay ISO9001 quality program result in the highest isolation performance available for a commercial plastic phototransistor optocoupler. The devices are available in a lead-formed configuration suitable for surface mounting and are available either on tape and reel or in standard tube shipping containers.
- Isolation test voltage 5000 VRMS
- Interfaces with common logic families
- Input-output coupling capacitance < 0.5 pF
- Industry-standard dual-in-line 6 pin package
- Compliant to RoHS directive 2002/95/EC and in accordance to WEEE 2002/96/EC