Circuit simulation uses mathematical models to replicate the behavior of an actual electronic device or circuit. Simulation software allows for the modeling of circuit operation and is an invaluable analysis tool. Due to its highly accurate modeling capability, many colleges and universities use this type of software for the teaching of electronics technicians and electronics engineering programs. Electronics simulation software engages its users by integrating them into the learning experience. These kinds of interactions actively engage learners to analyze, synthesize, organize, and evaluate the content and result in learners constructing their own knowledge. [Wikipedia]
Circuit Simulation is a method of simulating your circuits using the new simulation functionality in the web editor.
You’ll get a snapshot of the simulated version of your circuit after hitting the simulate button. This shows the voltages at all of your circuit’s connection points, and any components that have dynamic behavior are shown correctly. If there is a voltage differential across the Lamp, for example, the 7 Segment Display will light to indicate the input number.
Please keep in mind that this is a beta service that only supports a limited number of components at this time. While we continue to improve this new function, you may encounter some circuits that cannot be replicated.
Below is a copy of the simulation output from the Simulation Demo circuit:
The following components can be simulated:
- AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR, and NOT logic gates
- 7 Segment Display
- BCD Decoder
Support for simulating more components will be added over time.
Need for Circuit Simulation
- It is obvious that with circuit simulation, we are able to evaluate the capabilities of circuits without making the circuit.
- Circuit simulation is cost-effective as well as time-saving. We can quickly design complicated circuits with the help of the software. This can save design engineers and businesses a significant amount of both time and cash.
- Engineers can help reduce the use of precious hardware resources and build hardware only when they have good and accurate outcomes from their simulation.
- We are able to easily redesign the circuit based on simulation results. In each stage of simulation and design, engineers can check the performance of the circuit and compare it with the theoretical response.
- Circuit Simulation Software is the beginning point for a new idea or concept. It is also possible to modify existing ones without creating PCBs.
- Like physical probing and watching the waveforms of an oscilloscope, you can perform similar things in circuit simulation. It is easy to probe various locations in a circuit and see the waveforms in the simulation.