Curtain Opener and Closer Circuit
Simply by flipping a switch this circuit will opener and closer the curtains at your house and business. As a result of this one-of-a-kind circuit, we don’t have to move from one location to another to open and close the curtain. This circuit is utilised in the home, especially for tiny doors and windows. It can be easily fastened with a curtain because to its tiny size and readily available components. With the help of an adapter available on the market, you may also deliver power to the circuit.
- Curtain Opener and Closer Circuit Diagram:
- How D Type Flip Flop Works:
Curtain Opener and Closer Circuit Diagram:
Components used in this Circuit:
- IC1 (CD4013)
- IC2 (ULN2003)
- R1-R4 (5.6k)
- R6, R5 (1K)
- C1 (. 1uf)
- Stepper Motor
This circuit is made up of two ICs named CD4013 and ULN2003 with few more easily available components.
CD4013 IC contains two self-governing D type flip flop on a single chip which exists in one of two states that is 0 or 1 and can store information. Each module is further capable of group of pin outs assigned as data, set, reset, clock input and a couple complementary output Q and .
How D Type Flip Flop Works:
The D input, often known as the data input, is the only input on a D type flip flop. The following is the truth table for a D type flip flop:
This translates to input data appearing at the output at the conclusion of the clock pulse. As a result, data flow from input to output is delayed, resulting in a delay (D) flip flop. That’s why it’s used to store 1 bit binary data as a delay device or latch. The clock (CK) input line in this circuit controls the flip flop that determines whether input data is recognised or disregarded. Normally, the input is a clock signal. The data on the D line is stored in the flip flop if the clock input is binary high, which means logic 1.
As long as clock line is high the normal output will simply follow or track the D input. If the CK line is low or it is binary 0 the D input line is recognized. Means the bit store in the flip flop previously retained. The D line can do anything. It will ignore if CK is low.
CD 4013 comes in 14 pin dual inline package. Before understanding the working of circuit diagram first have a look at its pin layout.
- Pins 1, 2, 13, and 12 are known as complementary outputs, therefore they are both displayed as outputs, but in reverse order. If Q is 1 on the initial flip flop, then Q Bar will be 0. The same can be said for another pair of flip flops.
- Pins 5 and 9 are known as Data pins, and they are normally connected to one of the outputs, which can be Q or enlargingnction of enlargement the appsquare wavesclock for square wave and other waves, respectively. They can also be terminated to any other logic level, which means they can be connected to the circuit’s supply line or ground. We’ve combined the Q Bar and Data Pin 5 in our circuit.
- Clock input is defined as pins 3 and 11. It receives the input signal for the D type flip flop to work. You can give signals using a transistor setup as an astable multivibrator, or you can use a logic gate such as a NANA gate or a NOR gate. With the help of a transistor, we provide the clock input in our circuit.
- Pins 4, 6, 10, and 8 are known as the set and reset pins, and we will receive the output if any of these pins goes high. These pins are generally grounded with a high value resistor and assigned to a logic level for protection. After that, the input can be programmed to alternately react to positive peak pulses in order to regulate the logic stage of the computer.
The supply and ground pins are 14 and 7, respectively. Pin 14 gets the Vcc power supply input, which should not exceed 15V or the IC would be fried, and pin 7 is ground, which should be connected to the IC’s negative supply input.
And the ULN2003 IC is essentially a high-voltage, high-current Darlington array. Each ULN2003 IC has seven unlock collector Darlington couplings and a common emitter. ULN2003 may also be used to drive a stepper motor and is often utilised in a wide range of loads with the help of relay drivers.
ULN2003 works with 5V TTL and CMOS logic devices. Each channel or else Darlington couple in ULN2003 is marked at 500mA and be able to resist peak current of 600mA.Below pin diagram of IC ULN2003 is shown:
Working on this circuit is very easy to understand. Assemble the circuit properly and cross check the connection. In this circuit we are utilizing both the flip.
Simply press switch S1 for a few seconds to open the curtain. As one end of the switch is linked to the power supply, this will supply voltage to pin 6 of IC1 (which is the set pin), and when pin 6 goes high, it will provide the highest output at pin 1 of IC1, which is the Q output. As a result, pin 2 of IC2 becomes high, and the geared motor attached at the output begins to rotate in the opposite direction to open the curtain. Now, when the curtain is entirely open or you want to stop the motor in the middle, press the switch S2 attached to pin 4 of IC1, which is the reset pin, which is used to turn off or stop the stepper motor when the curtain is fully open or you want to stop the motor in the middle.
A similar occurrence will happen if you want to close the curtain. Just press switch S3 for some time connected to pin 8 of IC1 which is also a set pin. Geared motor starts running in anticlockwise direction. Now when the curtain is close or you want to stop in between press the switch S4 to off the stepper motor. Therefore you can now open and close your curtain just by sitting in one place, without moving just by pressing the switch.