HiFi or High fidelity is a term used to indicate the equipment that reproduces a high quality of sound. The highlight of Hi-Fi equipment is inaudible noise or distortions and natural frequency response. Hifi amplifiers are known to create sounds with utmost clarity so it is a dream of all music lovers to get their hands on one.
Of course, it is not just the amplifier that is required to get no-noise sound output. But our project here only involves making the amplifier part ie, the amplifier circuit.
Here is the circuit of a 2X12-watt HiFi amplifier circuit using IC TDA 2616 from Phillips. This is a quite simple and robust circuit using only very few components. Being this small makes the circuit ideal for a portable power amplifier. This circuit delivers 12 Watts power on 8 Ohm speaker for each channel at +/- 12 V dual supply.
The TDA2616 is a stereo power amplifier IC that comes in a 9-lead single-in-line (SIL9) plastic power package (SOT131). This IC is specially designed for mains fed amplifier circuits such as stereo radio, tape and television. The IC has a good gain balance of b[one_half_last][/one_half_last]oth channels and Hi-fi in accordance with IEC 268 and DIN 45500 standards. Also, the IC TDA 2616 has a special inbuilt circuit for the suppression of noise signals at the inputs during switch-on and switch-off. This prevents click sounds during power on and power off.
Hi Fi Amplifier Circuit Diagram with Parts List
- All capacitors except C10 & C9 are ceramic.
- All capacitors must be rated 50V.
- Use a well-regulated and filtered +/- 12 V dual power supply that is able to provide at least 2 A continuous currents.
TDA2616 Product details
The TDA2616 and TDA2616Q are dual-power amplifiers. The TDA2616 is supplied in a 9-lead single-in-line (SIL9) plastic power package (SOT131), while the TDA2616Q is supplied in a 9-lead SIL-bent-to-DIL plastic power package (SOT157). They have been specially designed for mains fed applications, such as stereo radio and stereo TV.
- Requires very few external components
- No switch-on/switch-off clicks
- Input mute during switch-on and switch-off
- Low offset voltage between output and ground
- Excellent gain balance of both amplifiers
- Hi-fi in accordance with IEC 268 and DIN 45500
- Short-circuit proof and thermal protected
- Mute possibility.