Land mines placed beneath the ground pose a hazard to people’s lives and have a negative impact on the country’s economy. Manually detecting and removing these mines is a dangerous undertaking that might result in accidents. In such cases, robots can assist in the discovery of land mines. These robots can detect any metal that is present in the ground, not just land mines. The Metal Detector Robotic Vehicle that uses RF technology is described in this article. Get a sense of how a metal detector circuit works before learning about this metal detector robotic vehicle.
- Wireless Metal Detector Robot Circuit Principle:
- Wireless Metal Detector Robot Circuit Diagram:
- Transmitter Circuit:
- Receiver Circuit:
- Circuit Components:
- Circuit Design of Metal Detector Robot using Microcontroller:
- RF based Metal Detector Robot Circuit Simulation:
- Wireless Metal Detection Robot Circuit Working:
- RF Based Metal Detection Robot Project Output Video:
- Metal Detector Robot Circuit Algorithm:
- Microcontroller based Metal Detector Robot Applications:
- Limitations of the Circuit:
Wireless Metal Detector Robot Circuit Principle:
The suggested system is made up of two circuits: a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter circuit sends out the commands that the robot needs to operate. The receiver circuit receives these commands through radio frequency and moves the robot in accordance with them. On the receiver side, a metal detector is connected to the controller. As a result, anytime metal is identified, the robot comes to a halt and the buzzer begins to ring.
Wireless Metal Detector Robot Circuit Diagram:
- AT89c51 microcontroller.
- RF encoder and decoder
- RF transmitter and receiver pair.
- Push buttons.
- Rs 232 cable.
- Keil software
- Flash magic
Circuit Design of Metal Detector Robot using Microcontroller:
The metal detection robot project can be divided into sections 1) Transmitter section, 2) Receiver section.
RF encoder, RF transmitter, and push buttons make up the transmitter part. The HT12E RF encoder IC is used in this application. It’s an 18-pin integrated circuit. The decoder receives the 4-bit binary input through the AD0, AD1, AD2, and AD3 pins. When the TE pin is low, the transmission is enabled. The address pins A0-A7 are utilised for secure transmission. In the transmitter circuit, these pins are connected to ground. The 4-bit data is sent in parallel to the RF emitter. This is serially relayed to the RF receiver. The encoder receives input from buttons. The 434 kHz frequency is used by the RF pair.
Receiver section consists of AT89c51 microcontroller, RF decoder, RF receiver, metal detector, buzzer, L293d IC and robot.
The received data is fed into the RF decoder. HT12D is the RF decoder utilised here. The decoded inputs are attached to the microcontroller’s port 2. The Port P2.0 – P2.3 is connected to the four data pins D0-D3. The deciphered data is fed into the microcontroller, which directs the robot’s movement. When any metal is identified in its route, the buzzer linked to port 3.4 sounds.
The metal detector is attached to the microcontroller’s pin 3.2. A push button has been installed in place of the metal detector. The metal detector is an important component of the circuit. This will contain an oscillator, which will generate an alternating magnetic field by passing an alternating current through a coil. When a metal is present near the coil, it creates a magnetic field, which may be detected using another coil that detects the field change.
L293d is a motor driving IC .This IC is used to drive the motors.L293d has h-bridge internally. To know more about this IC refer L293D Datasheet.
RF based Metal Detector Robot Circuit Simulation:
Wireless Metal Detection Robot Circuit Working:
- Initially burn the code into the microcontroller using flash magic.
- Now switch on the power supply for the circuit.
- Now send the command ‘1’ using the transmitter.
- This is transmitted to the receiver.
- At the receiver side receiver receives these commands and moves the robot according to the commands.
- The following commands moves the robot in the specified directions
- While robot is moving if any metal is detected in its path, the robot stops there ringing the buzzer.
- Again it starts moving when the commands are sent from the transmitter.
RF Based Metal Detection Robot Project Output Video:
Metal Detector Robot Circuit Algorithm:
- Initially, declare port2 as input as this is connected to the decoded input.
- Now declare port1 as output as the motor pins of the robot are connected to the port1.
- Enable the external interrupt.
- Now check the input of port2.
- If the received value is equal to 1 then move the robot in forward direction by making port value as 0x01.similarly move the robot according to the input value.
- When interrupt occurs make the output pins to the motor low. This is written in ISR.
Microcontroller based Metal Detector Robot Applications:
- These robots are used in detecting landmines.
- Robots are used for in detecting the minerals present in the ground.
- These robots are used for detecting the bombs.
- These can be used in construction industry for locating steel bars present in concrete.
- They are used in airports and building security to detect the weapons.
Limitations of the Circuit:
The transmitter can operate the robot only in the range of RF that is approximately 30 metres.