Mobile Phone Battery Charger with Emergency Light
This is a fairly Mobile Phone Battery circuit for a “variable power supply and charger.” It is not only handy in the event of a power outage, but it can also be utilised as a primary power source. This circuit can be used to evaluate or test your electronic projects at your workshop. These circuits can be used to charge mobile phone batteries. This circuit can be used as a backup light in the event of a power outage.
- Mobile Phone Battery Charger Circuit Diagram:
- Circuit Components:
- Working of Mobile Phone Battery Charger Circuit:
Mobile Phone Battery Charger Circuit Diagram:
- LM317 – 1
- R1 (220E) – 1
- R2-R12 (220E) – 11
- R13 (470E)
- VR1 (100K) – 1
- C1 (100uF) – 1
- C2 (. 1uF) – 1
- D1-D4 (1N4007) – 4
- S1-S5 (on/off switch) – 5
- LED1-LED12 – 12
- Transformer – 1
- Battery – 1
- Zener diode (3.3) – 1
- LM317: It is a variable voltage supplier. It is a device with three terminals. It works on voltage range of 1.25 V to 37 V at a current of 1.5 amps.
- Resistor– The flow of current in any of the circuit is being controlled by the resistor. It is basically a passive device. There are two types of resistor available i.e
- Fixed Resistor – whose value of resistance is fixed
- Variable Resistor – whose value of resistance can vary
- Capacitor– It is used to store the electrical charges . It is also a passive device and are available in the market in two types i.e.
- Polarized Capacitor – Capacitors with polarity i.e. have + and – terminal eg electrolytic capacitor
- Non-Polarized Capacitor – Capacitor without any polarity e.g. ceramic and paper capacitor.
- Diode – It is mainly used to allow the single directional flow of current. It is a passive device with two terminals.
- Switches – A switch is defined as a “change of state” in its literal definition. ON and OFF are the two conditions in electrical logic, and switches help to change the state of an electrical equipment from ON to OFF or reverse. To put it another way, it doesn’t switch the machine on or off; it just makes or breaks contact.
- LED (light-emitting diode) — A semiconductor device that emits a variety of beams at its output. The forward state of a p-n junction emits a restricted spectrum of light when it is electrically biassed. LEDs are readily available in a variety of hues, including red, yellow, green, and white, orange, and others.
- Transformer -A transformer is a device which is used for transforming current from one circuit to another. During the transformation process, characteristic of AC signal changes. For example a low voltage AC may be changed to a high voltage AC and vice versa. The working of the transformer is based on the magnetic field to build around the conductor when current flows through it. This principle is called as electromagnetic mutual induction. Transformers are made up of two coils of wire wrapped around a core.
- Battery – A battery is primarily a collection of one or more electrochemical cells in which chemical energy is converted into electrical energy. The fundamentals of operation have remained unchanged since Volta’s time. The battery’s cells are made up of two halves of cells connected in series by an electrolytic solution. While the anode and cathode make up 1/3 of the cell, positive ions from the anode travel from the electrolyte to the cathode.
- Zener Diode – This diode operates in reverse bias mode and begins to conduct when the voltage reaches the break point. All you need is a resistor and a capacitor to get a constant voltage.
Working of Mobile Phone Battery Charger Circuit:
You may get the output from the circuit by simply flipping the varied number of switches (from S3, S4, and S5) in the circuit, depending on your needs. Set switch S3 to the “on” position if you need the variable power supply as an output. A variable voltage regulator, the LM317, is utilised in the circuit to supply variable power. The LM317 is just a three-terminal positive voltage regulator. The output voltage range supplied by the LM317 is 1.2 V to 37V. Different ranges of voltage can be achieved by simply setting the variable resistor that is given in the circuit, and the desired voltage can be adjusted using the multimeter output.
Li-ions batteries, which are commonly used in mobile phones, may be charged with the help of your mobile connectors by switching the S5 switch supplied in the circuit. With the help of resistor R13, the charging current in the circuit can be adjusted. If you want to use the emergency light, change to switch S5. If you want to increase the intensity of the light, you can put reflectors in the circuit.
S1 and S2 are the two switches in the circuit that allow you to power your circuit either straight from the AC supply or with the help of any battery. If you wish to use an AC power source, turn on switch S1, and if you want to use a battery power source, turn on switch S2. Solar panels can be utilised in place of AC power, and rechargeable batteries can be used to store the charge. This will not only save you money on your energy bill, but it will also help you a lot in the event of a power outage.