The governor described in this article is intended primarily for small 12 V motors that draw a current of not more than 2 A. Many governors limit the current through the motor, which also reduces the torque. Since it is controlled by pulse-width modulation (PWM), the present governor preserves most of the torque. The control is based on a sextuple CMOS inverter, IC1 (Type 40106). Three motors are driven via a discrete Darlington, T1-T2.
Inverter IC1a function as an oscillator, whose on time (time T2 conducts so that the motor is provided with power) is determined by R2-C9-D3. The off time of the oscillator (when T2 is also off) is determined by R3-P1-C2-D4, and may thus be varied with P1.
Parallel-connected inverters IC1b and IC1c, form a buffer between the oscillator and the power Darlington.
The motor is connected to the + and 0 terminals in the diagram.
Power for the governor and the motor is provided by a mains transformer, whose secondary voltage is single-phase rectified by D1 and D2).
An indicator LED with current limiting resistors is connected to the motor terminals.
Network R1-C1 smooths the supply voltage to IC1.
Finally, T2 must be fitted with a suitable heat sink.
Mini DC Motor PWM Governor Speed Controller Switch Regulator adopts the latest low voltage drive technology, the current is up to 5A, the smallest volume is only 1 yuan coin size, the applicable voltage is the widest 3-35V, and it is equipped with a self-recovery fuse, pocket DC governor, Also suitable for LED dimming.
- The DC motor controller input is only connected to DC power.
- Built to meet standard specifications, strictly follow factory quality control.
- Designed with a digital display panel, easy to read and convenient to set up.
- Superior PWM governor, support soft start and soft stop can reduce the mechanical stress on the motor and shaft.
- Compact size, low power consumption, quick response, dependable to use.